I made this dish a few weeks back. Before then, I’d only attempted this once and that previous time turned out a disaster. Fortunately, I’ve discovered kitchen twine since then and it makes the dish so much easier to cook. With all the right tools/ingredients in hand, this dish was a delicious success.
- (4) Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Basil (optional)
- Kitchen Twine (to bundle chicken until cooking is finished)
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive/Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tsp Cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Filet/Butterfly the chicken breasts (cut from the side most of the way through).
- Place 1 Tbsp pesto, 4 to 8 leaves spinach, and two slices of mozzarella in each chicken breast.
- Fold chicken breasts and bundle them closed with kitchen twine.
- Place chicken breasts in oven safe pan and cook for 40 minutes, or until done.
- (Optional) Garnish finished chicken with basil.
- Combine rice and water in medium/large pan, set on medium/high heat.
- Allow rice to cook until fully steamed, stirring occasionally.
- Drain any excess water from rice.
- Add butter, oil, and garlic. Stir until well mixed.
- (Optional) Add cayenne to rice, stir until mixed or sprinkle on top for presentation.