Chips and salsa is always a good party snack. Some store bought salsas are pretty impressive, but making your own fresh salsa has no comparison. If you need to whip up one for a party try this recipe.
- Cilantro (half bunch)
- 3 1/2 cups Petite diced tomatoes (~30 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups Crushed pineapple (~10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Diced onion
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Crushed garlic or garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Habanero hot sauce / diced habaneros (or to taste)
- Mix diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and pineapple in a bowl.
- Chop cilantro finely and add to bowl.
- Add Habanero to bowl and mix.
Note: Start sparingly and increase to desired heat/spice level.
- Taste and serve.